Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Hiatus







I’m heading to the cottage earlier than expected so didn’t have time to create a moving, tear-jerker of a “farewell for the summer” post.  Not that I could have – I’m struggling with my blog.  While I happen to find my life interesting (and life in general) apparently I’m temporarily (?) incapable of translating such interest into words.  (The written word – I’m still capable of speech.)  My sojourn at the cottage grants me a bit of a reprieve from this dilemma.  Since the internet connection is iffy, I won’t be doing any regular blog posting. 

By summer’s end, it will be interesting to see how many bloggers are still hanging in there.  Many of those I follow(ed) are either blogging sporadically or have packed it in.  Burn-out?  Blogger’s-block?  Facebook?  Twitter?  I should really update my blog link list.  Thus far, a combination of sentimentality, wishful thinking and laziness has kept me from doing so.

I promise to come back – and I keep my promises.  Or try to…

Wishing you all a wonderful summer.

19 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Well, a summer break will be shorter than your long break (how long was that?), so there still should be bloggers around to welcome you back.

Sherry said...

Enjoy your summer sojourn...may it refresh you and relax you. I find that ice cold beverages while gazing at the clouds is a most enjoyable way to spend time! I'll still be here when you get back...might even be back to regular blogging myself. ♥

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

I am in that boat of living instead of blogging. Deep changes are happening and I find I really need time to process internally. Hopefully I'll still be around when you get back. Enjoy the great outdoors, and I hope the blackflies are gone by now.

laughingwolf said...

procrastination works well for me, too :P

enjoy your solitude at the lake, and get lotsa r&r

i may be back to writing my shorts upon your return; no promises, but i did find some graphic prompts

now all i need is to see how rusty i've become; last one i wrote was back in may or june - 2011

Adam said...

have a nice summer

chasing lightning bugs said...

i blog about little moments.....nothing important. but at times profound in their simplicity

nursemyra said...

Same to you Beth xx

JJ said...

Have a great break, Beth. I've been slacking on here for some reason. Too much work and the yearning to be completely away from another laptop or pc :) I need a holiday!

Jules said...

I know what you mean about the slacking. I'm guilty too! I think a lot of people are...hmmm...how odd. Anyway it doesn't matter. You should only write when you want to. Have a great holiday.

oreneta said...

Have a fabulous summer!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great relaxing summer! And don't forget that pictures can tell a thousand words too, if you are looking for inspiration ;-)

laughingwolf said...

HAPPY DOMINION DAY [tomorrow]...

clowns in gubbamint should leave well enough alone!

old one rolls off the tongue much more easily...

Ed & Jeanne said...

I'm still here...well, not as frequently as I was I guess. Watch those bears at the cabin...

Cheryl said...

Enjoy your summer at your happy,beautiful ,peaceful place!!
I am trying to get back into regular blogging,especially now that I am retired. I do miss it.
I hope you have a fantastic,well deserved time.

laughingwolf said...

sunburned yet? ;)

Cipriano said...

I hope you are still having a wonderful, terrific, peaceful, beer-laden time, Beth!
Vive le hiatus!

laughingwolf said...

get well, quickslike!

laughingwolf said...

wb b;)

Gary said...

It is odd Beth. I loved my blog and blog friends but succumbed to Facebook as it was quicker, more extensive and easier to post links etc. Once in a while I check in on blogging friends and it feels deeper and more interesting...but alas, many move on.

Hope summer was swell for you. The cycle of seasons...